A runny nose is one of the most common but annoying problems caused by allergic reactions. When mucus increases in the nasal passages and sinus, then it results in a runny nose. However, we can able to get rid of a runny nose easily and as well as quickly. If you’re struggling with a runny nose, then here are the natural remedies for runny noses to clear.
The 3 Natural Remedies for Runny Noses
Apart from the allergic reactions, there are so many other causes also results in a runny nose. Some of the common causes of runny noses are common cold, infection in the sinus and sudden changes in the weather condition.
Related article: What Essential Oils Are Good for Allergies?
To treat running noses, there are so many over-the-counter medicines available in these days, but it is better to treat natural remedies to avoid side effects. The home made natural remedies also help to cure a runny nose and gives clear nasal passages. So, you no need to buy any medicine and can prepare natural remedies by yourself within your home.
Therefore, when you’re having a runny nose, simply follow the below listed natural remedies instead of looking for medicines. Here are the 3 natural remedies for runny noses.
The salt water is the best solution to get rid of irritations on the nose and also clear mucus on the nasal passages.
How to use?
- Take a tablespoon of salt and mix with distilled water
- Put few drops of salt water to the nostril using dropper
- Inhale very gently to get salt water inside the nostril
- Do this same for another nostril
- Repeat this same procedure for 2 to 3 times a day until your get clear from a runny nose
We all know that turmeric contains a high amount of antibacterial properties, but also includes anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties too. So, it helps you to get rid of a runny nose very quickly.
How to use?
Mix a tablespoon of turmeric powder with linseed oil and put few drops on the nostril and gently inhale to get drops using a dropper. Do this for both nostrils 2 times a day until you feel better.
- Alternatively, you can add a tablespoon of turmeric power in the foods and eat.
- Otherwise, add a tablespoon of turmeric powder into a glass of warm milk, mix well and drink it.
As like as turmeric, ginger also has antiviral, antifungal, antitoxin, and antioxidants properties. All these properties result in the clear nose as soon as possible.
How to use?
- If you can, then chewing a small piece of ginger with salt for few times a day.
- Take a piece of ginger and add in water to boil and drink the water twice a day.
Likewise, you can make use garlic, steam, mustard oil, and like more to treat a runny nose. From the list of natural remedies choose any 1 or 2 and use for more times day to get rid of a runny nose.